Most of the time, when we are asked about the type of massages, people usually associate massages with sensual massages. But what most of us ignore is that massages render a massive amount of physical benefits too. For instance, sports massage is one of such primary massage types that has profound health benefits.
Sports massages are imperative in an athlete’s career and life span. Right from his training to playing days to rehabilitation and rest time, sports massage are highly useful.
What do you understand by Sports Massage?
Sports massage is actually basic stimulation of your tissues in order to keep your body active. This massage focuses on the muscles so that your performance can be enhanced in due course of time. For a very long time, sports massage has been a favorite among athletes. Sports massage is highly helpful when the player is suffering from injury or any other pain in his body. In order to enjoy the much-needed relief and relaxation these massages come in really handy.
One of the early generation runners, Paavo Nurmi, also known as Flying Finn, has been a great believer in sports massage. He has been advocating the same in a number of forums. He went on to win five gold medals, all thanks to sports massages only. When we talk about the father of sports massage, Jack Meagher is the first name we all think about.
Different Techniques Used in Sports Massage:
Sports massage adopts a number of techniques. Some of the most common techniques for sports massage are as follows – Stretching, percussion, gliding, vibration, gliding, vibration, compression, friction, tapotement and playing with the trigger points.
Benefits of Sports Massage:
There are many benefits of sports massage, but some of the most important benefits are listed down below –
1. An athlete’s career is full of injuries. A sports massage induces vibration and senses in the required places and thus boosts active blood circulation. This enhances the chances of a quick recovery and thus getting back to your toes at the earlies.
2. Sportsman’s career is full of ups and downs. Time and again, there can be dullness, boring as well as a feeling of withdrawal. That is the time when you need something to uplift and boost your mood. Go for a complete sensual and intimate sports massage session. Not only is it helpful for your organs but also your mind as well. It will help you to return to your performance and might increase your focus as well.
3. With time, you might notice that your body no longer has that much-needed flexibility and agility. Thus, sports massage might prove to be your secret weapon here. Try sports massage from a well-known and highly certified Body massage provider to enjoy the agility and missing strength in your performance.
4. With proper sports massage, your muscle tension, and neurological issues will also be well taken care of. You might experience great relief and relaxation in your joints, which will boost blood circulation and ensure better nutrition flow throughout the body. Since your muscles are at ease, your body will have the new vigor and energy to perform in the field.
5. Last but not least, sleep is one of the cost-effective yet compelling ways to recharge yourself. And the same stands true in the case of a sportsman too. With a good quality sports massage, your body will relax, sleep hormones will get activated, and thus, you will wake up with a fully charged system.
Hear the Experts
Researchers have consistently indicated that sports massage is highly beneficial for an active sportsperson. An athlete in his ongoing career must opt for a sports massage at least once every month. Thus, make sure that you choose a fully certified massage provider. Also, stiffness is a significant side effect of these massages, so make sure to inform your masseuse so that she can avoid the same. Try to use a therapeutic oil to boost hormones as well as speed up the recovery process.
Even there is no written research indicating the benefits of sports massage. Still, widely personalities have used and experienced significant changes in their personal and professional lifestyle owing to these massages.